Flavorful tender fillets of tilapia lightly pan fried and then quickly broiled with pesto. Cod is an excellent substitute for tilapia. Serve with lemon herbed rice and lemon sauteed asparagus for a well rounded meal.
– Tilapia Fillets – 1 per person (may use cod or other white fish of preference)
– 1/3 C. Flour
– 1 to 2 t. freshly grated lemon zest
– Pinch of freshly ground Salt and Pepper
– 1 to 2 T. Olive Oil (may use cooking spray)
– 1 T. Basil Pesto per fillet (i.e. 5 tilapia fillets = 5T pesto)
1. Lightly pat the tilapia fillets in paper towel to remove some moisture.
2. Mix together the flour, lemon zest, and salt and pepper on a plate.
3. Lightly flour each fillet in the seasoned flour.
4. Heat oil in skillet on medium heat. Lightly pan fry the fillets for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until golden.
5. Transfer fillets to a Baking dish. Place 1 T. pesto on each fillet.
6. Broil for 2-3 minutes until pesto is bubbly and beginning to turn golden. Serve.
Number of Servings
Adaptable: 1 Fillet person.