I was so thrilled to have Champion Systems make this new one-piece kit for me this year. I have a tri top and bottom, jacket, arm warmer etc…You name it, they’ve made it for me. I just love the quality of Champion Systems products and I especially love that it’s custom designed with my logo and sponsors. I have also had them make my TBR triathlon team kits! I am excited to continue working with then as a sponsored athlete in 2017. If you are looking for good quality custom designed race or team clothes you should check them out. They make more than just triathlon & running gear. Let me know if you need a contact name/info. Good stuff! Learn more about Champion Systems
Happy Training & Racing,
Coach Lora Erickson
I am so excited to be involved in this local Beat The Heat event. This event will take place in Woods Cross in Davis County and offers a 5K as well as a kids run. Come join the fun on August 6th! #daviscounty #utah #running #races #sponsor #kids #legacyraces https://instagram.com/p/
Learn how to best fuel for training and racing. We will be reviewing how to fuel for ½ Ironman Triathlon, 140.6 Ironman, Marathon and ½ Marathon running events to achieve your best performance. This one-time class will be offered Wednesday July 20, 7:30-8:30 p.m. Class Fee: $25. Pre-registration is required to hold a spot in the class. Message Coach Lora Erickson at email@example.com to learn how to reserve a spot. Space is limited.
The Race For Grief event 2016 was successful with perfect weather. Thank you for all those that came and participated. Results have been posted to the event website at RaceForGrief.com
Some pictures have also been posted to the Race For Grief Facebook page (more to come, so be sure to come back and visit).
We hope you will join us for the 2017 event next Memorial Day.
Recently my Mom shared this article she found with me. I have read it and re-read it and just love all the kernels of truth in it, so I wanted to share it. Here’s a summary with my comments of 9 Things Mentally Strong People Do Every Day:
- They monitor their emotions. “Sometimes reaching your greatest potential requires you to behave contrary to how you feel.”
- They practice realistic optimism. I love this one because it’s not about being overly optimistic but realistic and positive. (It’s about your inner monologue). I believe being positive and grateful is the key to a happy life.
- They solve problems. So true! I love to be productive with my time and move forward and put my energy into solutions. I “refuse to engage in unproductive activities.” I just don’t have time for it.
- They practice self-compassion. True, so true. Sometimes you have to lighten up and roll with the punches. Treat yourself as you would want your best friend to treat you.
- They set healthy boundaries. I especially love this one as it has been a hard lesson learned in my life. Take full responsibility for how you think, feel and behave. You determine if you will have a good day, not others.
- They manage their time wisely. Time is too valuable to waste and I want to do meaningful things with it. I am picky about what I spend my time on.
- They strive to fulfill their purpose. I recently put a post up about this. It’s wonderful to feel like your life has meaning and purpose. Check it out.
- They seek to grow stronger. We are never too old to learn. Don’t be too proud to learn either, swallow your pride. Everyone has room for improvement.
- They monitor their progress. They seek explanations not excuses. This is such a valuable tool to continue to stay motivated and on track with goals.
Read the article: 9 Things Mentally Strong People Do Every Day
Coach Lora Erickson
Who is doing the Front Runner Century with me? Use the discount code blondrunner2016 (note: no “e”) and join in the fun next weekend. I’ve done this event many times and it’s great! What I really like about it is it’s one way and you get to ride the train back to Salt Lake. Come join in the fun on Saturday April 23, 2016.
To learn more visit http://www.frontrunnercentury.com/
Ok peeps. The Salt Lake races are just a few days away. I did the half last year and it was seriously one of the most organized races I’ve done with timing clocks on route, pacers and a great expo. It’s not too late to sign-up and they have other events besides the Full/half marathon available like the bike tour, 5K, skate etc. Check it out and use the code blonderunnerslc16 to save $5
Such a great event!
I just love getting involved in local races and this one is a favorite. Get your name in and see if you can win a spot for yourself, or a friend/family member. Come join in the fun!
Can’t wait and want to get registered? If so, use the code BlondeSNSPromo to save $5. Get Registered