I got a great deal on some avocados at the store today, so I was super excited to make some fresh guacamole for my family. It got rave reviews from my family:
Yep, I think we’ve got a winner here! Enjoy
3-6 small avocados diced
Dash of lemon or lime juice
¼ cup of diced onions (I don’t really measure much, but I think it was about this much)
4 cloves of garlic (yes, I LOVE garlic and it’s good for the immune system)
¼ of a red Anaheim pepper, diced, from the garden (no seeds) – a little tame for my liking but gotta keep it edible for my kids)
Splash of white vinegar
Fresh chopped cilantro to taste
Salt to taste
Mix it all up. I like to mash the avocados a little bit. Scoop it up with some light crackers, crisp cucumber slices, tortilla or pita chips. I love the seven-grain ones from Costco. Enjoy!
A quick and easy yummy appetizer, or serve with a small green salad and fresh or canned pears or mandarins for a light dinner.
- 2 Tortillas (wholewheat for even healthier)
- Cooking Spray (preferably olive oil spray, but any will do)
- 3 oz Grated Colby Jack, Mexican Blend, or Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Large Red pepper, sliced lengthways
- Large handful of Fresh spinach leaves
1. Set pan on medium to med-low heat and coat lightly with cooking spray.
2. Place one tortilla in pan.
3. Layer 1/2 the cheese, red peppers, spinach leaves, then remaining cheese.
4. Top with remaining tortilla, and lightly coat with cooking spray.
5. Cook for about 45-60 seconds, or until golden, then flip and cook for a further 45-60 seconds until golden.
6. Transfer to plate and cut into 6-8 wedges.
Number of Servings
This post was submitted by isaacandruth.