This is a great video reminder for seasoned riders and new riders alike. If you need more help with cycling safety and want to learn how to maintain your bike, practice skills and learn how to change a tire join in on the fun of the Women’s Beginner Cycling Clinic on Thursday July 13, 6-7 p.m. Davis County. Pre-registration required. Limited spots. Learn more
I also coach people in person on cycling skills. Contact me with questions.
Coach Lora Erickson
Before you Ride
- It starts with your bike — Gear, setup, and maintenance.
- Learn the basics — Skills and techniques to master before you ride.
- Suit up — An important clothing primer
- Be prepared to ride — What you’ll need on the road.
- Plan ahead — Routes, traffic, and distances.
- Inform others — Keys to communicating your whereabouts.
During the Ride
- Stay alert — How to ride in a group and stay safe on the road.
- Obey the law — Traffic laws and other essentials.
- Communicate —A key part of safe riding.
- Safety first — Extra tips to take with you.