Recently my Mom shared this article she found with me. I have read it and re-read it and just love all the kernels of truth in it, so I wanted to share it. Here’s a summary with my comments of 9 Things Mentally Strong People Do Every Day:
- They monitor their emotions. “Sometimes reaching your greatest potential requires you to behave contrary to how you feel.”
- They practice realistic optimism. I love this one because it’s not about being overly optimistic but realistic and positive. (It’s about your inner monologue). I believe being positive and grateful is the key to a happy life.
- They solve problems. So true! I love to be productive with my time and move forward and put my energy into solutions. I “refuse to engage in unproductive activities.” I just don’t have time for it.
- They practice self-compassion. True, so true. Sometimes you have to lighten up and roll with the punches. Treat yourself as you would want your best friend to treat you.
- They set healthy boundaries. I especially love this one as it has been a hard lesson learned in my life. Take full responsibility for how you think, feel and behave. You determine if you will have a good day, not others.
- They manage their time wisely. Time is too valuable to waste and I want to do meaningful things with it. I am picky about what I spend my time on.
- They strive to fulfill their purpose. I recently put a post up about this. It’s wonderful to feel like your life has meaning and purpose. Check it out.
- They seek to grow stronger. We are never too old to learn. Don’t be too proud to learn either, swallow your pride. Everyone has room for improvement.
- They monitor their progress. They seek explanations not excuses. This is such a valuable tool to continue to stay motivated and on track with goals.
Read the article: 9 Things Mentally Strong People Do Every Day
Coach Lora Erickson