My Mom always says that she doesn’t have any talents, but that is not true. Of all of my talents the one I appreciate most is my ability to organize. This is something that I inherited from my Mom. (thanks Mom!)
I do believe some people are naturally more organized than others, but I also believe that you can learn to be more organized. Organization is a perspective. It’s how we view and prioritize things. You have heard the old adage: If there is a will, there is a way. If you truly want to be healthy and start exercising, you can. If this were not true then busy and healthy people would not exist. If being healthy is a priority to you, you will find a way to do it. It’s like having a job – we rarely miss a day of work because we can’t. We need that paycheck. Well, our bodies need exercise; and now is the time to get organized to do just that. Start by giving last year’s resolutions a review, if you don’t have any, then let’s set some. Here’s how.
- Brainstorm a list of possible health goals.
- Narrow it down to several realistic goals – things that can be done within a 12 months period of time.
- Make the goals very specific (for example instead of “lose weight” the goal would read “Lose 25 pounds by April 1, 2010”)
- Break then down into bite size pieces (ie. Eat 7 servings of fruits/vegetables every day for 20 days to create a habit)
- Start working on your goal now (you don’t have to wait for the New Year to begin, get a head start now).
Avoid putting on the average 10 pounds most Americans add to their waist line over the holidays by having a plan in place before things get too hectic.
If you would like more help or tips to get organized to improve your health, attend the evening Fitness & Diet Planning Class on Thursday November 18 from 7:30 – 9 p.m. in Bountiful, Utah. Class fee: $15. Call Lora at 801-299-1601 to reserve your spot. Limited spots.
click here to express your interest on the Facebook page
(note: if you would like me to contact you, message me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact info)