A tasty side to any main dish, especially fish (try Lemon Pesto Tilapia Fillets).
– 1 Bundle of Fresh Asparagus Spears
– 1/2 T. Butter (may use Olive oil)
– 1 to 1 1/2 t. freshly grated Lemon Zest
– Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Wash and prepare asparagus by snapping the spears, removing the tough part of the stem.
2. Steam Asparagus for 3 minutes if you like your asparagus slightly crisp, or 4 minutes if you prefer it more tender (thicker asparagus will need 4-5 minutes). You can do this by placing a little water in a skillet; add asparagus when water is boiling; place lid over skillet, and steam.
3. Drain Asparagus and set aside.
4. Heat butter or olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
5. Add lemon zest to butter and sautee for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Be careful not to burn.
6. Add asparagus spears and toss well to coat. Add freshly ground salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Number of Servings